The historic Horace Wilson House is important for its associations with many of Clarksburg’s leading citizens during the 19th century.
Dr. Willson purchased the property in 1821 and expanded the building to a one and a half story dwelling and medical office around 1840.
Dr. Willson served in both the Maryland House of Delegates and Senate in the 19th century.
Due to the Clarksburg Square Road Extension that will connect to Frederick Road, the house needs to be moved approximately 70 feet to the south to preserve it.
The porch was dismantled and stored for reinstallation after the move.
Structural repairs were made to strengthen the exterior walls and sills before the move.
The house will rest on the east side of the site temporarily and then be moved to its final location.
The owner’s current plan is to adapt the building as a wine and beer shop.
Watch the video here.
Dr. Horace Willson House Project Team
Owner: Aries Investment Group
Developer: 3rd Try, LLC
Construction Manager: Montgomery County Department of Transportation
Civil Engineer: Gutschick, Little & Weber PC
Architect: Encore Sustainable Design, LLC
Structural Engineer: Linton Engineering, LLC
Contractor: Nastos Construction, Inc.
House Moving Contractor: Expert House Movers
Watch for more updates as the house moves!