The Pagoda was constructed in 1904 as a sorority clubhouse for the National Park Seminary. Acquired by the U.S. Army in 1943, the building suffered from decades of deferred maintenance. Working with Save Our Seminary (SOS) we completed a Historic Structure Report identifying solutions for ground settlement, masonry cracking, deteriorated finishes and failed roofing. A Complete exterior restoration by SOS using volunteers and subcontractors included restoration of original colors, soffit materials and roofing.
Received the American Institute of Architects- DC Chapter Award of Merit for Historic Resources.
Photo credits: Ward Bucher
Illustrations: National Park Seminary yearbooks